Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Site Planning

My husband, John, and I spent yesterday evening walking around the yard trying to decide where things should go - fence lines, animal areas, patios, swings, etc. We're trying to plan for the future and follow the experts recommendations - do a site plan before you start! As I walk around the yard, I can see the benefits of this. Deciding where hardscaping is going now (even though it might be years before it's put in) will prevent us from planting a tree right in the middle of a future path or patio. But, it's so overwhelming...thinking about these things also makes us think about cost, labor and time. There's so much we want to do, but we know we need to do a little at a time. My next step is to actually measure the size of the yard and sketch out where things might go.

No comments: