Congratulations to the Florida Master Gardener Program! 2009 marks the 30th anniversary for the program. In three decades, Master Gardeners have made a huge difference in Florida. Since 1979, Master Gardeners have donated more than 5.4 million hours, which is worth some $83 million!
- more than 80 percent of counties adopted the program within its first two decades
- fifty-eight of Florida's sixty-seven counties have active Master Gardener programs
- the average lifespan of county programs is twelve years
- each county has an average of seventy-three trained volunteers
- more than 82 percent of counties train one new class of Master Gardeners each year
Read more about the program's success here.