Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Vegetable Bounty

Our vegetable garden has been amazing this year. We keep eating squash off of it. Cooked in multiple ways, but mostly with milk and cheese. Mmmm.


We're trying sweet potatoes for the first time and we've planted watermelon right next to them. These pictures were taken a week ago and, since then, they've grown together into a mix of vines. My husband has decided that I'm spatially incapable and so I've planted everything much to close in the garden. We have enough plants in there for a garden four times the size of what we have. In my defense, the seeds and seedling plants are so small when you plant them - I'm always amazed at how big they actually grow.




This is my brother-in-law's sad excuse of a vegetable garden. It's actually supposed to go back to his house in Jacksonville and this is just the transporting container. We're getting cucumers off of it, though!


One day of harvesting!

No comments: