Thursday, March 6, 2008

I've been tagged!

Bloggers are great at creating a virtual community and one way they do that is through tagging. Another blogger tags you and you're supposed to list ten random facts about yourself. Kim tagged me recently and I'm just now getting around to it. So here it goes...
  1. I'm a 7th generation Floridian and so is my husband. That means that my kids are really, really 8th generations Floridians! We also live on my husband's family farm that has been in his family since the 1840s. Wow - that's a long time.
  2. I love being a working mom. It's a hectic, chaotic life, but I know that I'm not gifted to be a preschool teacher. I love my job as a communicator and my other full-time job as a mom.
  3. I crochet. A lot. I make several afghans a year, usually baby blankets for my friends having kids. For Christmas this year, all the girls got scarves and hats and the guys got potholders. The potholders were bigger hits than the scarves and hats.
  4. I don't swim very well. I live in Florida, surrounded by water, and I don't really like water. How ironic.
  5. I started a 4-H club called Stars & Stripes 4-H. It's very rewarding and a lot of fun to see these kids develop and grow (without having to be a teacher). But, I was never a 4-H member as a kid.
  6. Lostie, anyone? I've been addicted to Lost since it hit the airwaves. I rearrange my schedule to be able to watch it.
  7. I showed livestock in high school. Two steers, three heifers, and one pig. I was an honors student who was also an FFA member. I loved showing livestock and now our 4-H kids are showing livestock.
  8. I love fried, Southern foods. We recently ate dinner at The Yearling restaurant which is a gourment, hometown restaurant near where Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings lived. Everything I got was fried.
  9. Superpoking is awesome! I love facebook. I started on it to be able to communicate with my sister, but now I'm addicted. I spend a lot of my day superpokin' people.
  10. My daughter is my mini-me. She looks exactly like me, but her personality is a combination of all the strong, opinionated elements of everyone in John and mine's families.

Now, I'm supposed to tag other blogs that I read and enjoy. Tagging etiquette says I should leave a comment on their blog, so that they know they've been tagged. Here are few of my favorites blogs.

1 comment:

R.Powers said...

Hi Emily!
Thanks for commenting at Pure Florida.
I'm glad I found your interesting blog.
I'll get to work on my ten random things.